Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 SEP 2016
Monday, September 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA AND RUSSIA STARTED JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE IN VLADIVOSTOK
i. The 8th edition of the Indo-Russia joint military exercise ‘Indra 2016’ was started in Vladivostok in Russia.
ii. Indra is a biannual exercise which has been carried out between the two allies since 2003.
2.COMMITTEES FOR THE BIRTH CENTENARY OF PANDIT DEENDAYAL UPADHYAY
i. The PM, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the formation of two committees for the commemoration of the birth centenary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
ii. The Prime Minister will chair a 149 member National Committee, and the Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, will chair a 23 member Executive Committee.
3. ARUN GOYAL APPOINTED ADDITIONAL SECRETARY IN GST COUNCIL
i. Senior IAS officer Arun Goyal has been appointed as Additional Secretary in the Goods and Services Tax Council.
ii. The Council, headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, is formed to decide on tax rate, exempted goods and the threshold limit.
4. WORLD’S LARGEST RADIO TELESCOPE BUILT IN CHINA
i. China has built world’s largest radio telescope nicknamed Tianyan known as Heavenly Eye” or “The Eye of Heaven.
ii. It has started its operation and is part of China’s drive to become a science powerhouse.
iii. It is located in the Dawodang depression a natural basin in Pingtang County in the Guizhou Province, Southwest China.
iv. It is the world’s largest single dish radio telescope and the second largest radio telescope after the Russian RATAN-600, which has a sparsely filled aperture.
5. MISSION PARIVAR VIKAS TO BE LAUNCHED IN SEVEN STATES FOR IMPROVED FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES
i.The Union Health Ministry has decided to launch Mission Parivar Vikas in seven states for improved family planning services.
ii. Its main objective is to accelerate access to high quality family planning choices based on information, reliable services and supplies within a rights-based framework.
iii. The key strategic focus area of this initiative will be on improving access to contraceptives through delivering assured services, dovetailing with new promotional schemes and ensuring commodity .
6. PINKY BALHARA WINS BRONZE MEDAL IN 5TH ASIAN BEACH GAMES
i. India’s Pinky Balhara has won bronze medal in the sporting event of kurash at the 5th Asian Beach Games held at Da Nang, Vietnam.
ii. She won the medal in women’s 52kg category .
iii. Kurash is a form of wrestling that had originated from Uzbekistan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “INDRA 2016” IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
a. Indo-China joint military exercise
b. Indo-Russia joint military exercise
c. Indo-Pak joint military exercise
d. Indo- Bangladesh joint military exercise
2. “KURASH”, A WRESTLING FORM HAD BEEN ORIGINATED FROM WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING NATIONS?
3. NAME THE COUNTRY WHICH HAS BUILT WORLD’S LARGEST RADIO TELESCOPE “TIANYAN” KNOW AS HEAVENLY EYE?
4. WHO IS APPOINTED AS ADDITIONAL SECRETARY IN GST COUNCIL?
a. Arun Goyal
b. Narendra Singh
c. Arun Sinha
d. Navtej Sidhu
5. WHERE WAS THE 8TH JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE OF INDO-RUSSIA STARTED?
a. Jaipur, India
b. Moscow, Russia
d. Vladivostok, Russia
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN