DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 27 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SOUTH INDIA’S FIRST CHILDREN COURT WAS INAUGURATED IN HYDERABAD
i. After Goa and Delhi, Telangana has become the third state to inaugurate south India’s first Children’s Court was inaugurated in Hyderabad.
ii. This court is a child-friendly court and sixth in the country with features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for the accused, mandated under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act-2012.
2. TELANGANA AAROGYASRI TRUST BAGS FICCI AWARD
i. The GPS-enabled mobile app of the Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust bagged this year’s Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award.
ii. It is the IInd award for the app having secured the ‘Elite Smart Healthcare Conclave’ for being the most important mobile app in the nation.
3. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES POCSO E-BOX
i. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses e-box, in New Delhi.
ii. It was launched by the Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi.
iii. POCSO e-box is an online complaint management system for easy and direct reporting of sexual offences against children and timely action against offenders under POCSO Act, 2012.
iv. It is an initiative of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights for Direct online Reporting of Child Sexual Abuse.
4. RBI RECOMENMDED BANKS TO EXTEND LOANS TO WOMEN SHGS AT 7% RATE
i. RBI has recomended banks to provide loans to women self-help groups in rural areas at 7% per annum.
ii. The Reserve Bank of India said all women self-help groups will be eligible for interest subvention on credit up to three lakh rupees at 7% per annum under the Deendayal Antyodaya
5. 1ST BRICS FILM FESTIVAL FROM SEPT. 2ND TO SEP 6TH IN NEW DELHI
i. India will be hosting the first BRICS film festival which will be starting from from Sept. 2nd to 6th New Delhi.
ii. The film festival will showcase an amalgamation of culture, films, song, dance and food of the 5-member countries including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
6. INDIAN ECONOMY TO GROW 7.9% THIS FISCAL REPORTED BY GOLDMAN SACHS
i. US multinational banking firm Goldman Sachs forecasted Indian economy’s growth rate at 7.9% in this year 2016-17.
ii. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is an American multinational banking firm.
iii. The company is engaged in global investment banking, investment management, securities, and other financial services, primarily with institutional clients.
7. SRK, AKSHAY, SALMAN & BIG B AMID TOP 20 HIGHEST-PAID GLOBAL ACTORS
i. The Forbes magazine published the list of highest paid actors featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar as the top two highest paid actors on 8th and 10th rank.
ii. Salman Khan is also ranked on 14th rank, which is followed by legend Amitabh Bachchan on 18th position.
iii. The list is topped by former WWE wrestler and present actor, Dwayne Johnson.
8. FIVE INDIAN COMPANIES RANKED AMONG WORLD'S 100 MOST INNOVATIVE
i. Five Indian companies ranked among world's 100 most innovative companies launched by forbes.
ii. The list is topped by Tesla Motors for the second consecutive year.
iii. Indian Companiesin the list are Asian Paints ranked at 18th position ,Hindustan Unilever ranked at 31st, Tata Consultancy Servicesranked at 66th, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries ranked at 73rd , Larsen & Toubro ranked at 89th spot.
9. DHYAN CHAND LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD WILL BE CONFERRED WITH THE JHARKHAND DUNGDUNG
i. Former Olympian Silvanus Dungdung to be honoured with Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award.
ii. Dhyan Chand was an Indian field hockey player, who is considered as one the greatest field hockey player of all time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WAS LAUNCHED BY UNION GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL OFFENCES?
a. POCSO e-Box
b. e- childcare
c. e- Complaint
d. None of these
2. “GOLDMAN SACHS” IS A MULTINATIONAL COMPANY OF WHICH COUNTRY?
3. WHO WILL BE HONORED WITH THE MAJOR DHAYAN CHAND LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD?
a. Silver Dungdung
b. Silvanus Dungdung
c. Disilva dug
d. None of these
4. WHEN WAS THE “ANTYODYA SCHEME” LAUNCHED?
a. September 2015
b. September 2013
c. September 2016
d. September 2014
5. WHICH APP BAGGED THE FICC’S HEALTHCARE EXCELLENCE AWARD?
a. Telangana Aarogyasri Heathcare
b. Telangana Ausadhi Healthcare
c. Maharastra Arigyarishi
d. None of the above
6. HOW MANY INDIAN COMPANIES ARE RANKED THE WORLD’S 100 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES BY FORBES?
1) A 2) C 3) B 4) D 5) A 6) B