Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 AUG 2016
Thursday, September 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. AUGUST 29 IS OBSERVED AS SPORTS DAY
i. National Sports Day in India is celebrated on August 29th to mark the birth anniversary of hockey legend Dhyan Chand.
ii. Dhyan Chand, considered as the greatest player in hockey.
iii. He played a key role in India's three consecutive Olympic triumphs in 1928, 1932 and 1936.
2. FOUR ATHLETES GET RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA AWARD
i. Four athletes, including Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu, gymnast Dipa Karmakar, shooter Jitu Rai and Olympic bronze medalist Sakshi Malik received the Rajiv Khel Ratna award.
ii. The awrdees has recived a medal and a citation with a cash prize of Rs.7.5 lakh.
3. DOHA BANK OPENS BRANCH IN KERALA
i. Qatar's based Doha Bank has opened a branch, the Kerala’s Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the branch.
ii. Doha Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in the State of Qatar
4. WEST BENGAL PASSES RESOLUTION TO RENAME THE STATE
i. The West Bengal Assembly today passed the resolution to rename the state to 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English and 'Bangal' in Hindi.
ii. The Mamata Banerjee government had approved the change of name to either Bongo or Bangla.
5. PADMA SACHDEV AWARDED 2015 SARASWATI SAMMAN
i. Eminent Dogri language Poetess and novelist Padma Sachdev was awarded the prestigious Saraswati Samman for the year 2015.
ii. The award is given for her autobiography ‘Chitt-Chete’ written in Dogri language.
iii. Padma Sachdev Padma Sachdev is first modern woman poet of Dogri language.
6. 29 AUGUST OBSERVED AS INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST NUCLEAR TESTS
i. The International Day Against Nuclear Tests is observed on 29th August across the world.
ii. The day is observed to raise awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions.
7. MADHUKAR GUPTA COMMITTEE ON BORDER PROTECTION SUBMITS REPORT TO MHA
i. The Madhukar Gupta Committee on border protection submitted its report to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh .
ii. The panel has made a detailed study on threat perception, field visits and made a detailed recommendations pertaining to strengthening of border protection on Indo-Pakistan Border.
iii. It studied security and threats at Border States of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab and Jammu.
iv. The Committee headed by former Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta was appointed on 5 April 2016 for strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo-Pakistan Border.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. 29TH AUGUST MARKS AS A NATIONAL SPORTS DAY ON THE BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF WHICH LEGEND PLAYER?
a. Dhayan Chand
b. Milkha Singh
c. Sunil Gavaskar
d. Sachin Tendulkar
2. HOW MANY ATHLETES HAVE RECEIVED RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA AWARD?
3. RECENTLY, WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE RECEIVED RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA AWARD?
a. Viswanathan Anand
b. Sania Mirza
c. Mary Kom
d. Jitu Rai
4. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF QATAR?
c. Abu Dhabi
d. None of these
5. RECENTLY, WHICH STATE HAS PASSED THE RESOLUTION TO RENAME THE STATE?
a. West Bengal
6. “CHITT-CHETE”, THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SARASWATI SAMMAN AWARDEE PADMA SACHDEVA HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN WHICH LANGUAGE?
7. “INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST NUCLEAR TEST” IS OBSERVED ON?
a. 28th August
b. 30th August
c. 31st August
d. 29th August
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) A 6) B 7) D
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN