REASONING QUIZ-73 FOR IBPS- PO & CLERK
Study the following information to answer the given questions (1-5)
Eight friends – M, N, O, P, Q, R, S and T are sitting around a circular table with equal distance between each other, facing the centre but not necessarily in the same order. Each one of them belongs to a different places such as Patna, Amravati, Jalandhar, Gandhinagar, Mumbai, Ranchi, Goa and Bhagalpur but not necessarily in the same order.
S sits second to the right of the person who belongs to Patna. The persons belong to Gandhinagar and Amravati are the immediate neighbours of S. O sits second to the right of Q who belongs to Mumbai. Q is an immediate neighbour of the person belongs to Gandhinagar. Only one person sits between T and R. P sits third to the left of Q. S sits exactly between N and P. The person belongsto Goa sits second to the left of M. The person rom Jalandhar and the person from Bhagalpur are immediate neighbours of the person from Goa. T does not belong to Bhagalpur.
1. Who among the following is Jalandhar?
2. Who sits second to the left of S?
3. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
4. If all the persons are made to sit in the alphabetical order in clockwise direction from M, the position of how many of them will remain unchanged (excluding M)?
5. Who among the following are belong to Amravati?
Tarun, Rewa, Ravi, Mandy, Fazal, Rihaan, Nishant and Shrawan live on eight different floors of a building but not necessarily in the same order. The lowermost floor of the building is numbered one, the one above that is numbered two and so on till the topmost floor is numbered eight. Each of them also likes a different dishes, namely Raita, Dal makhani, Veg Kofta, Paneer chilly, Mushroom masala, Sahi paneer, Stuffed nan and Bhindi masala, but not necessarily in the same order.
• The one who likes Paneer chilly lives on an even-numbered floor. Only three people live between the one who likes Paneer chilly and Ravi.
• Only two people live between Ravi and Mandy. Mandy does not live on the lowermost floor. Only three people live between Mandy and one who likes Mushroom masala.
• Fazal lives immediately above Tarun. Fazal lives on an even-numbered floor. Tarun does not like Mushroom masala. Tarun lives neither on the floor numbered three nor five.
• Only two people live between Tarun and the one who likes Stuffed nan.
• Only one person lives between the one who likes Stuffed nan and Bhindi masala. The one who likes Bhindi masala lives below the one who likes Stuffed nan.
• Rewa lives immediately above Nishant. Only one person lives between Nishant and the one who likes Veg Kofta.
• The one who likes Sahi paneer lives immediately above the one who likes Raita.
• Rihaan does not like Paneer chilly. Tarun does not like dal makhani.
6. Which of the following pairs represent those who live immediately above and immediately below Mandy?
(a) Shrawan, Rewa
(b) Other than those given as options
(c) Rewa, Ravi
(d) Tarun, Nishant
(e) Shrawan, Nishant
7. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way as per the given arrangement and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
(a) Tarun – Floor numbered five
(b) Nishant – Floor numbered six
(c) Rewa – Floor numbered two
(d) Mandy – Floor numbered seven
(e) Shrawan – Floor numbered eight
8. Which of the following dishes does Shrawan like?
(a) Other than those given as options
(b) Dal makhani
(c) Stuffed nan
(d) Paneer chilly
9. Which of the following dishes does Rihaan like?
(a) Dal Makhni
(b) Sahi paneer
(d) Veg Kofta
(e) Mushroom Masala
10. Mandy lives on which of the following floor numbers?
(e) Other than those given as options
1.B, 2.D, 3.B, 4.C, 5.C, 6.A, 7.B, 8.D, 9.E, 10.A,