DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF POVERTY OBSERVED ON OCTOBER 17
i. The United Nations' International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on October 17 each year since 1993.
ii. The theme of the day is moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms.
2. ASHOK LEYLAND LAUNCHES FIRST INDIA-MADE ELECTRIC BUS
i. Ashok Leyland group owned by Hinduja bros. launched - Circuit - the first “Made in India” electric bus.
ii. The bus with maximum seating capacity of 65 can run up to 120 kilometres on a single recharge under standard test conditions.
3. ICC ANNOUNCES FIRST-EVER WOMEN'S WORLD T20 IN 2020
i. The International Cricket Council has decided to organise the first ever ICC Women's World T20 event in 2020.
ii. Australia is going to host the men's and women's ICC World Twenty20 in 2020.
4. US NAVY COMMISSIONS MOST ADVANCED STEALTH DESTROYER ZUMWALT
i. US Navy has commissioned its largest, most expensive and technologically advanced destroyer, Zumwalt.
ii. The ship has an advanced power plant and weapon systems.
iii. The Zumwalt, costing nearly USD 4.4 billion.
5. INDIAN BOXER NEERAJ GOYAT WON WBC ASIA WELTERWEIGHT TITLE
i. Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat beated Australia’s Ben Kite to won the WBC welterweight Asia title.
6. AMANDEEP SINGH GILL APPOINTED AS INDIA’S AMBASSADOR TO UN CONFERENCE ON DISARMAMENT
i. Amandeep Singh Gill was appointed as the India’s Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
ii UN Conference on Disarmament is not formally a United Nations organization.
iii. It is formed to negotiate multilateral arms control and disarmament agreements.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY IS GOING TO HOST WOMEN’S WORLD CUP T-20 IN 2020?
d. West Indies
2. NAME THE GROUP OF COMPANIES WHICH HAS LAUNCHED FIRST “MADE IN INDIA” BUS?
a. Tata Group
b. Ashok Leyland
c. Aditya Birla
d. None of these
3. WHO WON THE WBC ASIA WELTER WEIGHT TITLE?
a. Neeraj Goyat
b. Ben Kite
c. Sushil Kumar
d. Virender Singh
4. WHO HAS APPOINTED AS THE INDIA’S AMBASSADOR TO UN CONFERENCE ON DISARMAMENT?
a. Amandeep Singh Gill
b. Jaspreet Gill
c. Navjot Singh
d. Manjeet Singh
5. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF POVERTY IS OBSERVED?
a. 19th October
b. 20th October
c. 18th October
d. 17th October