DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER
1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajghat bridge during a religious procession. The bridge is located in which city?
2. Russia's Rosneft Oil Company and its partners in October 2016 acquired which Indian company?
a) GE Oil & Gas Limited
b) Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd
c) Essar Oil Limited
d) Petronet Limited
3. Who was appointed as Brand Ambassador of Valvoline Cummins India recently?
a) Virat Kohli
b) PV Sindu
c) MS Dhoni
d) Sachin Tendulkar
4. What was the theme of the 2016 World Standards Day?
a) Climate Change and Healthcare
b) International Standards Represent the Consensus View
c) Standards Build Trust
d) Industry Sectors Ranging from Energy
5. Who was selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016?
a) M Mukundan
b) M P Veerendra Kumar
c) P V Chandran
d) C Radhakrishnan
6. Who won the men's singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open badminton?
a) Daren Liew
b) Sourabh Verma
c) Hsu Jen-hao
d) Parupalli Kashyap
7. What was the theme for International Day for the Eradication of Poverty that was observed on 17 October 2016?
a) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
b) We Can End Poverty
c) Ending the violence of Extreme Poverty: Promoting empowerment and building peace
d) Leave no one behind: think, decide and act together against extreme poverty
8. What was the theme for 2016 BRICS Summit?
a) Inclusive Growth: Sustainable Solutions
b) Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions
c) BRICS: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation
d) BRICS Partnership – a Powerful Factor of Global Development
9. Who headed the expert committee that in its report suggested that the Saraswati River was not mythical and it existed?
a) KS Valdiya
b) Madhav Chitale
c) AK Singh
d) Shashi Shekhar
10. With which country India signed an agreement for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology.
c) South Africa