Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1st OCT 2016
Saturday, October 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1st OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED PROGRESS PANCHAYAT TO REACH OUT TO MINORITY COMMUNITY
i.Progress Panchayat programme has been started to reach out the minority community and publicize the various welfare measures
ii.The programme is aimed at reach out the minority community and publicize the various welfare measures taken by the NDA government for their betterment.
iii.During the programme the government will also seek feedback and suggestions from the people for better implementation of the welfare schemes.
2. HEALTH MINISTRY RECEIVES DETAILED REPORT ON SCRUB TYPHUS FROM HP GOVT
i.Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare had sought a detailed report from the State Government on scrub typhus.
ii.Scrub Typhus is an acute illness caused by a bacterium Orintia tsutsugamushi, which is transmitted by the bite of an infected mite larva present in the soil having scrub vegetation.
3. IGI BECOMES ASIA-PACIFIC’S FIRST CARBON NEUTRAL AIRPORT
i. The Indira Gandhi International Airport has become Asia-Pacific’s only airport to achieve a carbon neutral status.
ii. The Airport Carbon Accreditation certificated has upgraded the IGI airport’s status to “Level 3+, Neutrality,” the highest level for airports across the world.
iii.The airport boasts green buildings, rainwater harvesting system, solar power plants etc., which have helped it reduce and offset its carbon emissions.
4. FOUR SAARC MEMBER COUNTRIES INCLUDING INDIA DECIDED TO BOYCOTT THE SUMMIT IN ISLAMABAD
i. Four SAARC member countries India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Bhutan, decided to boycott the 19th SAARC Summit to be hosted by Pakistan.
ii. The summit is scheduled to be held in Islamabad from 9 to 10 November 2016.
iii.India was the first nation to boycott the summit.
iv. The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation is regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union in South Asia.
5. INDIA RANKS 39TH IN 2016-17 GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX
i. India has been ranked 39th among the 138 countries in the 2016-17 Global Competitiveness Index.
ii. The index was topped by Switzerland followed by Singapore , United States , Netherlands and Germany .
6. WORLD MARITIME DAY OBSERVED ON 296TH SEP
I. World Maritime Day was observed across the world on 29 September.
ii.The theme of the day is shipping: indispensable to the world.
iii.The day is observed to raise awareness of the relevance of the role of International Maritime Organization as the global regulatory body for international shipping.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SCRUB TYPHUS” IS AN ACUTE ILLNESS CAUSED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
d. Water Infection
2. INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS THE FIRST AIRPORT OF ASIA PACIFIC REGION WHICH HAS GOT THE STATUS OF ___________.
a. Environment Friendly
b. Global Warming
c. Carbon Neutral
d. Pollution Free
3. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE DECIDED TO BOYCOTT THE 19TH SARRC SUMMIT TO BE HOSTED BY PAKISTAN?
4. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN 2016-17 GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX?
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN