Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1st OCT 2016
Saturday, October 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1st OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED PROGRESS PANCHAYAT TO REACH OUT TO MINORITY COMMUNITY
i.Progress Panchayat programme has been started to reach out the minority community and publicize the various welfare measures
ii.The programme is aimed at reach out the minority community and publicize the various welfare measures taken by the NDA government for their betterment.
iii.During the programme the government will also seek feedback and suggestions from the people for better implementation of the welfare schemes.
2. HEALTH MINISTRY RECEIVES DETAILED REPORT ON SCRUB TYPHUS FROM HP GOVT
i.Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare had sought a detailed report from the State Government on scrub typhus.
ii.Scrub Typhus is an acute illness caused by a bacterium Orintia tsutsugamushi, which is transmitted by the bite of an infected mite larva present in the soil having scrub vegetation.
3. IGI BECOMES ASIA-PACIFIC’S FIRST CARBON NEUTRAL AIRPORT
i. The Indira Gandhi International Airport has become Asia-Pacific’s only airport to achieve a carbon neutral status.
ii. The Airport Carbon Accreditation certificated has upgraded the IGI airport’s status to “Level 3+, Neutrality,” the highest level for airports across the world.
iii.The airport boasts green buildings, rainwater harvesting system, solar power plants etc., which have helped it reduce and offset its carbon emissions.
4. FOUR SAARC MEMBER COUNTRIES INCLUDING INDIA DECIDED TO BOYCOTT THE SUMMIT IN ISLAMABAD
i. Four SAARC member countries India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Bhutan, decided to boycott the 19th SAARC Summit to be hosted by Pakistan.
ii. The summit is scheduled to be held in Islamabad from 9 to 10 November 2016.
iii.India was the first nation to boycott the summit.
iv. The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation is regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union in South Asia.
5. INDIA RANKS 39TH IN 2016-17 GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX
i. India has been ranked 39th among the 138 countries in the 2016-17 Global Competitiveness Index.
ii. The index was topped by Switzerland followed by Singapore , United States , Netherlands and Germany .
6. WORLD MARITIME DAY OBSERVED ON 296TH SEP
I. World Maritime Day was observed across the world on 29 September.
ii.The theme of the day is shipping: indispensable to the world.
iii.The day is observed to raise awareness of the relevance of the role of International Maritime Organization as the global regulatory body for international shipping.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SCRUB TYPHUS” IS AN ACUTE ILLNESS CAUSED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
d. Water Infection
2. INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS THE FIRST AIRPORT OF ASIA PACIFIC REGION WHICH HAS GOT THE STATUS OF ___________.
a. Environment Friendly
b. Global Warming
c. Carbon Neutral
d. Pollution Free
3. HOW MANY COUNTRIES ARE DECIDED TO BOYCOTT THE 19TH SARRC SUMMIT TO BE HOSTED BY PAKISTAN?
4. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN 2016-17 GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX?
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN