Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 SEP 2016
Saturday, October 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. DEFENCE ACQUISITION COUNCIL CLEARS PROPOSALS WORTH RS 1,900 CRORE
i. The Defence Acquisition Council has cleared proposals worth 1,900 crore rupees under ‘Buy India’ by Indian contractors.
ii. Defence Acquisition Council is an apex body of Union Defence Ministry for clearing defence procurement proposals forwarded by the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
2. INDIAN ARMY CARRIES OUT SURGICAL STRIKES ON TERROR LAUNCH PADS ACROSS LOC
i.Indian Army has successfully conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the Line of Control in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir .
ii. The surgical strikes were India’s first direct military response to attack on Uri army base by Pakistan-based militants that had killed 18 Indian soldiers.
iii. The motive of the operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into the Indian territory.
iv.Surgical strike is a military attack which is intended to only damage to the intended legitimate military target and no or minimal collateral damage to surrounding structures, general public infrastructure, vehicles, buildings and utilities.
3. TIRUPATI AIRPORT AWARDED BEST TOURIST FRIENDLY AIRPORT
i. Airports Authority of India’s Tirupati Airport was awarded the Best Tourist Friendly Airport.
ii.It was declared best under the category for State Annual Excellence Awards for the year 2015-16 by Andhra Pradesh Tourism.
iii.The award was presented on the eve of World Tourism Day by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandra Babu Naidu at Bhawani Islands, Vijayawada.
4. INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY OBSERVED ON 30 SEP
i. The International Translation Day observed on 30 September across the world.
ii.The theme of the day is Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds.
5. TRILATERAL MEET BETWEEN INDIA, AFGHANISTAN AND IRAN TO TAKE CHABAHAR AGREEMENT FURTHER
i.A Trilateral meeting was recently held between India, Afghanistan and Iran to take Chabahar agreement further.
ii.It is located on the Makran coast, Chabahar in southeastern Iran.
6. PROJECT SAKSHAM LAUNCHED
i.Project Saksham, a new indirect tax network of the Central Board of Excise and Customs has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs .
ii.The total cost of the project is estimated to be Rs 2256 crore, which will be incurred over a period of seven years.
iii.Under the project the CBEC’s existing IT systems will be integrated with the GST Network.
iv.This is required for processing of registration, payment and returns data sent by GSTN systems to CBEC, as well as act as a front-end for other modules such as audit, appeals, investigation.
v.It will also help in implementation of GST extension of the Indian Customs Single Window Interface for Facilitating Trade and other taxpayer-friendly initiatives under Digital India and ease of doing business.
7. WORLD HEART DAY OBSEREVED ON 29TH SEPTEMBER
i. World Heart Day is being observed annually on 29 September across the world.
ii. The objective of the day is to inform people around the world about the danger of heart disease and stroke.
iii. The theme of the day is 'Light Your Heart, Empower Your Life'.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE PROJECT WHICH HAS BEEN APPROVED BY CABINET COMMITTEE ON ECONOMIC AFFAIRS?
2. PROJECT SAKSHAM IS WHAT KIND OF TAX NETWORK OF CBDT?
a. Direct Tax
b. Indirect Tax
d. Custom Tax
3. “CHABAHAR PORT” IS SITUATED AT ____________.
a. Persian Gulf
b. Arabian Sea
c. Gulf of Oman
d. None of these
4. WHEN “INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY” IS OBSERVED?
a. 29th September
b. 28th September
c. 27th September
d. 30th September
5. NAME THE AIRPORT WHICH IS AWARDED AS THE BEST TOURISM FRIENDLY AIRPORT FOR THE YEAR 2015-16?
a. Indira Gandhi International Airport
b. Tirupati Airport
c. Dabolim Airport
d. Madurai Airport
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN