DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE TOTAL ELIMINATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS OBSERVED ON 26 SEP
I. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was observed on 26 September.
ii. The Day provides an occasion for the world community to reaffirm its commitment to global nuclear disarmament as a high priority.
iii.It also provides an opportunity to educate the public and their leaders about the real benefits of eliminating such weapons, and the social and economic costs of perpetuating them.
2. AJAY SINGH ELECTED BFI PRESIDENT
i. Uttarakhand’s Ajay Singh has been elected president of the Boxing Federation of India.
ii. The Mumbai-based Jay Kowli won the post of secretary-general as the election process for the office-bearers of the new National federation was completed.
3. JAPAN TO HOST 2026 ASIAN GAMES
i. Japan’s Aichi prefecture and its capital city Nagoya were confirmed as co-hosts of the 2026 Asian Games.
ii. South Korea is already hosting the Winter Olympics at Pyeonchang in 2018 and Tokyo will hosts the 2020 Summer Olympics before the winter games go to Beijing in 2022.
4. R ASHWIN BECOMES FASTEST INDIAN & SECOND OVERALL TO TAKE 200 TEST WICKETS
I. Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest Indian and second overall to take 200 wickets, reaching the milestone in his 37th Test.
ii Ashwin left behind the likes of Dennis Lillee and Waqar Younis, who took 38 Tests to get to 200 wickets.
5. SANIA MIRZA AND BARBORA STRYCOVA LIFT TORAY PAN PACIFIC OPEN TROPHY IN TOKYO
i. India's Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova lifted the women’s doubles title in the Toray Pan Pacific Open trophy in Tokyo.
ii.The Indo-Czech pair defeated the unseeded Chinese pair of Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang .
iii.This is Sania and Strycova's second title in three tournaments since they have paired together.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF BOXING FEDERATION OF INDIA LOCATED?
a. New Delhi
2. WHO IS RECENTLY ELECTED AS THE PRESIDENT OF BOXING FEDERATION OF INDIA?
a. Jay Kowli
b. Ajay Singh
c. Ajay Sinha
d. Jay Singh
3. WHICH COUNTRY WILL HOST THE 2018 WINTER OLYMICS?
c. South Korea
4. “TORAY PAN PACIFIC” OPEN TROPHY ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH SPORTS?
5. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER “BARBARA STRYCOVA” BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
6. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE TOTAL ELIMINATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS OBSERVED ON?
a. 26th September
b. 27th September
c. 28th September
d. 29th September