DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD RABIES DAY OBSERVED ON 28TH SEPTEMBER
i. World Rabies Day has observed on 28 September across the world.
ii. The theme for the World Rabies Day is Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
iii. The day is observed to raise awareness about rabies prevention and to highlight progress in defeating the disease.
2. INDIA JUMPS 16 PLACES IN GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS RANKING
i. India has climbed 16 places to the 39th rank on the Global Competitiveness Index released by the World Economic Forum.
ii. Switzerland has topped the list for the 8th straight time.
3. TYPHOON MEGI HITS TAIWAN
i. The powerful typhoon Megi has recently hit island-nation Taiwan with winds up to 230 km/hr that causing heavy rains and triggering damaging winds.
ii. It is equivalent to Category 4 tropical cyclone.
4. BRITISH WOMAN BECOMES ONE OF WORLD’S YOUNGEST AIRLINE CAPTAINS
i. A British woman has become one of the world’s youngest commercial airline captains at the age of 26.
ii. She flies Airbus A319 and A320 planes to around 100 destinations, such as Reykjavik, Tel Aviv and Marrakesh.
5. OBAMA NOMINATES AMBASSADOR TO CUBA
i. The United States President Barack Obama has appointed its first Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis to Cuba in 55 years.
ii. The new ambassador DeLaurentis had been working at the new US embassy in Havana, which opened since 2014.
6. UTTAM SINGH TO BE HONOURED WITH 'LATA MANGESHKAR AWARD'
i. Famous music director and violinist Uttam Singh named for the 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement of the Maharashtra Government.
ii. The award carries a citation, a trophy and 500000 rupees in cash.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “EDUCATE VACCINATE ELIMINATE” IS THE THEME FOR WHICH DAY?
a. World Vaccination Day
b. World Rabies Day
c. World Health Day
d. World Heart Day
2. WHEN WORLD RABIES DAY IS OBSERVED?
a. 29th September
b. 30th September
c. 28th September
d. 27th September
3. NAME AN ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS RELEASED THE GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX?
a. World Economic Forum
b. World Bank
c. The Wall Street
d. None of these
4. “MEGI” IS WHAT KIND OF NATURAL DISASTER?
c. Volcanic Eruption
d. Tropical Cyclone
5. WHO HAS RECEIVED “2016 LATA MANGESHKAR LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD”?
a. Uttam Singh
b. Uttam Khurana
c. Uttam Sinha
d. None of these