DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 5 OCTOBER
1. Name the Indian Bank that became the first to open a branch in the capital city of Yangon, Myanmar?
a) Central Bank of India
b) State Bank of India
c) Union Bank of India
d) Oriental Bank of Commerce
2. What is the theme of World Space Week is being observed from 4-10 October?
a) Space for Education
b) Exploring the Universe
c) Mysteries of the Cosmos
d) Remote Sensing: Enabling our Future
3. Which state became India’s first state to implement Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in Kerosene?
4. What is India’s rank in ratify the historic Paris Agreement on climate change?
5. Who was elected as the president of Indian Newspaper Society (INS) recently?
a) Somesh Sharma
b) Ravindra Kumar
c) Kiran B Vadodaria
d) P V Chandran
6. Which Indian wildlife film-maker was recently appointed Chevalier de l'Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit) by the French Government?
a) Kalyan Varma
b) Prajna Chowta
c) Sandesh Kadur
d) Shekar Dattatri
7. Kersti Kaljulaid was recently elected as the first woman President of which country?
8. Yoshinori Ohsumi won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Medicine for?
a) Discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy
b) Elucidating the metabolism of glucose
c) Discoveries concerning novel therapies against river blindness
d) Discoveries concerning novel therapies against lymphatic filariasis
9. David J. Thouless along with F. Duncan M. Haldane and J. Michael Kosterlitz won 2016 Nobel Prize for ?
a) Nobel Prize in Chemistry
b) Nobel Prize in Literature
c) Nobel Prize in Physics
d) Nobel Prize in Medicine
10. The 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to
a) Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir James Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa
b) Paul Modrich
c) Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff
d) Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar