DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER
1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016?
a) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too.
b) Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
c) Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty
d) Family Farming: Feeding the world, caring for the earth
2. According to official data, the wholesale inflation eased to what percent in September 2016?
a) 3.57 percent
b) 3.74 percent
c) 5.75 percent
d) 4.59 percent
3. The US Department of Transportation has banned Which phones on flights after reports of the device catching fire?
a) Apple iPhone 6S
b) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
c) Apple iPhone 7
d) Samsung Galaxy Note 7
4. Which ethnic tribes of India in October 2016 called for an end to the custom of Ravan effigy burning on Dussera?
5. Who was named to ICICI board after Rajiv Sabharwal resigned from the bank?
a) Anup Bagchi
b) Warren Law
c) Ashvin Parekh
d) Ajay Saraf
6. India has decided to eliminate production of which potent greenhouse gas with Global Warming Potential of 14800 by 2030?
7. Which country has decided to freeze co-operation with the UN's cultural agency, UNESCO, accusing it of denying Judaism's connections to the religion's holiest sites?
8. What is the theme for the 2016 International Day of Rural Women?
a) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
b) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
c) Pledge for Parity
d) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too
9. Which country made a decision to quit the Commonwealth after Warnings over Democracy?
10. Which country is all set to collaborate with India on its projects for improving rail connectivity of Indian ports?
c) United Kingdom
d) United States of America