DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 6 OCTOBER
1. With which country India recently signed three MoUs to strengthen ties on countering terrorism and skill development?
a) European Union
c) United States
2. Who won the 2016 John F Richards Prize of American Historical Association?
a) Boubakar Barry
b) Nayanjot Lahiri
c) Vinaya Manchaia
d) Nancy Rose Hunt
3. The Union Cabinet recently approved the signing of MoU between India and which group of countries in the field of water resources?
a) SAARC Members
b) ASEAN Countries
c) European Union
d) BRICS Nations
4. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 reduced the Repo rate by what basis point?
5. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 adjusted the Reverse Repo rate by at what percent?
6. Who won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physics?
a) David Thouless, Duncan Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz
b) Saul Perlmutter, Brian P Schmidt and Adam Riess Hide
c) Serge Haroche and David J Wineland
d) Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov
7. What is the theme of the 2016 World Teachers' Day?
a) Teachers of today and tomorrow
b) Invest in the future, invest in teachers
c) Empowering teachers, building sustainable societies
d) Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status
8. Which country recently became the first in the world to ban disposable plastic cups and plates?