CURRENT AFFAIRS 11-DECEMBER
v 21ST JUNE – ‘WORLD YOGA DAY’
· UN General Assembly adopted a resolution declaring 21 June as ‘International Day of Yoga’
· 175 Nations join the resolution as Co-Sponsors. The Highest Number ever for any General Assembly resolution.
· UN has 193 Members.
· UN Head Quarter is at New York.
v NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW -2014
Indian Origin American Author Akhil Sharma’s Novel ‘ Family Life’ has been selected by New York Times Book Review as one of the ten best books of 2014.
v INDIA-RUSSIA SIGN 20-AGREEMENTS:HIGHLIGHTS
· India and Russia unveiled the ‘Druzhba-Dosti' vision to strengthen the bilateral relationship over the next decade during Russsian President Vladimir Putin Visit to India.
· Russia's Rosatom will build 12 Nuclear Reactors in India.
· Two sides will develop a joint 5th generation fighter and multi-role transport aircraft.
· Both sides agreed to Increase the trade from current $10 billion to $30 billion by 2025.
· Russian oil Company Rosneft has signed a 10-year crude supply deal with Essar Oil.
· Russia promised to contribute in the ‘Make in India’ programme by Manufacturing Advanced Helicopters.
v TIME’S 2014 ‘PERSON OF THE YEAR’:
Ebola fighters including Doctors, Nurses and Caregivers were collectively nominated as Times Magazine’s 2014 ‘Person of the Year’.
v BHUTAN BECAME THE 180TH MEMBER OF WROLD BANK AGENCY ‘MIGA’:
· Bhutan became 181th member of Multi Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA).
· This will benefit the Bhutan’s Private Sector and Corporation to explore External Commercial Borrowing (ECB)