DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-13 DECEMBER 2014
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) CBI ARRESTED WEST BENGAL MINISTER ‘MADAN MITRA’.
Ø He is Arrested for Cheating and Misappropriate action of funds in connection with Multicrore Saradha Scam.
Ø He was serving as Transport Minister in Cabinet of Mamta Banerjee (TMC) and become first Minister to be arrested in the Scam.
2) ASSAM TOPS IN PULSES PRODUCTION.
Ø Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh Chosen Assam for ‘Krishi Karman Award for 2013-14’.
Ø Assam has been selected for third consecutive year for its achievement in production of pulses.
3) PRESIDENT PRANAB MUKHERJEE DELIEVED THE VELEDICTION ADDRESS IN MUSSOORIE.
Ø President Pranab Mukherjee relieved the valediction address at the passing out of the 89th batch of Civil Servant at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
4) ‘DILWALE DULHANIA LE JAYENGE (DDLJ) COMPLETED 1000 WEEKS.
Ø DDLJ was first screened at Maratha Mandir on 20th October 1995 in south Mumbai
5) ROLLOUT OF 'GOODS AND SERVICES TAX(GST)’.
Ø RBI Governor Raguram Rajan asked centre to rollout of 'goods and services tax(gst)’.
Ø GST will replace all indirect taxes levied on Goods and Services by the Centre and State Government.
6) INS KOLKATA
Ø INS KOLKATA to fire long range surface to air missile in 2015 (LR-SA14)
Ø INS Kolkata is the largest Stealth destroyer worship in India.
7) LOK SABHA PASSES COAL MINES BILL-2014 .
Ø Aimed to acquire the land of cancelled allocation of 214 coal blocks.
Ø It will reduce the Coal Deficit.
Ø It will make the mining process more scientific and cost efficient.
8) ‘DAHI HANDI’ NOW AN ADVETURE SPORT
Ø The Maharashtra government declared ‘DEHI HANDI’ an adventure sport
Ø Dahi Handi – Forming of Human Pyramids and breaking the earthen pot on the occasion of Krishna Janmashtami.
9) EMERSON MNANGAGWA SWORN IN A VICE-PRESIDENT OF ZIMBABWE.
Ø President of Zimbabwe – Robert Mugabe
Ø Capital of Zimbabwe – Harare.
10) NPPA HAS EXTENDED THE PRICE CAPS TO 52 DRUGS
Ø National pharmaceuticals pricing authority(NPPA) has extended the price caps to 52 drugs declared essential by government.
Ø It includes commonly used drugs- Antibiotics and Pain killers as well as medicines used to treat Cancer.