Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs gk GK Updates DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 06 JANUARY 2015
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-06 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) ARVIND PANGARIA APPOINTED NITI AAYOG VICE PRESIDENT
Ø Eminent economist Arvind Pangariya has been appointed as Vice-President of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI)
Ø Arvind Pangariya is an Indian-American Economist and professor of Economics at Colombia University
Ø NITI Aayog was established by Government to function as both policy forum and a think tank by replacing planning commission.
Ø Other Appointments:
FULL TIME MEMBERS:
Ø BibekDebroy – Economist
Ø V.K.Saraswat – Former Secretary Defense R & D
Ø Rajnath Singh
Ø Suresh Prabhu
Ø Radha Mohan Singh
1. Who among the following has been appointed as Vice chairman of NITI Aayog:
d. Suresh Prabhu
2) INTENATIONAL HINDI CONFERENE 2015
Ø International Hindi Conference will be hosted by New Jersey, USA
Ø Theme – Expanding World of Hindi. Possibilities and Challenges
Ø It is scheduled to be held in April, 2015.
1. Where will Hindi Conference 2015 held:
a. New York
b. Washington DC
c. San Francisco
3) SUTIRTHA BHATTACHARYA TOOK CHARGE AS CMD OF COAL INDIA LIMITED:
Ø Sutirtha Bhattacharya took charge as full time chairman and Managing Director of Coal India Limited (CIL)
Ø Prior to this, he was CMD of State owned singarni collieries Company
Ø This position was vacant for more than six months after CMD S.NarsingRao has resigned in May, 2014 to Join Telangana Government.
Ø CIL- Coal India Limited is an Indian State Controlled Coal Mining Company. It is the largest oil producing company in the world and contributes 81% of the coal production in India.
Ø In 2011, CIL was conferred the status of ‘Maharatna’ by Government of India
Ø CIL is India’s 5th most valuable company in term of market value.
1. Who among the following took charge as CMD of Coal India Limited
a. S. NarsingRao
b. Sutirtha Bhattacharya
4) SAINA TO BE NOMINATED FOR PADMA BHUSHAN AWARD AS A SPECIAL CASE
Ø The ministry of youth Affairs and sports has recommended SainaNehwal for Padma Bhusan Award (3rd highest Civilian Award)
Ø SainaNehwal is the first Indian to win Olympics Medal in Badminton by winning Bronze medal at London Olympics 2012.
Ø She is the first Indian to win the World Junior Badminton Championship and was also the first to win a super series tournament by winning Indonesia open in 2009.
Ø She is the only Indian badminton player who attained the career best ranking of number 2 by Badminton World Federation (2010)
Ø She has been conferred with:
Ø Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna Award (2009-10)
Ø Arjuna Award (1009)
Ø Padma Shree (2010)
1. Who among the following Indian players has been recommended for Padma Bhushan by Union Sports Ministry:
5) LED- BASED HOMES AND STREET LIGHTING NATIONAL PROGRAMME LAUNCHED
Ø P.M. NarendraModi launched a National Programme for LED based homes and lighting in the New Delhi
Ø It aims at reducing energy consumption
Ø Under this program installation of LED bulbs for domestic and street lighting in 100 cities is to be done by 2016.
Ø LED bulb would distributed under this scheme
1. What is the aim of LED based National programme:
a. Climate change
b. Acid Rain
c. Reduce Energy Consumption
d. Save Water
6) D.G OF SPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA‘JIGI THOMSON’ RESIGNED
Ø Jigi Thomson resigned as Director-General of Sports Authority of India due to delay in his promotion as sports secretary
Ø Jigi Thomson is an IAS officer of Kerala Cadre of 1980 batch
1. Who has resigned as Director General of Sports Authority of India.
b. Aziz Qureshi
c. Jiji Thomson
d. H.C. Dubey
7) JUSTICE MOHAMMED YAQOOB MIR IS APPOINTED AS CHIEF JUSTICE OF J & K HIGH COURT
Ø President of India appointed Justice Mohammed Yaqoob as new Chief Justice of J &K high Court.
Ø He succeeds Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar
1. Name the Chief Justice of J &K succeeded by Justice Yakoob Mir
a. Mahesh Mittal Kumar
d. Imran Khan
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN