Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs gk GK Updates DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 13 JANUARY 2015
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-13 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) NATIONAL YOUTH DAY OBSERVED ON 12TH JAN
Ø National Youth day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanada
Ø Vivekananda was a great social reformer, thinker and philosopher
Ø It was 152nd birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
1. Whose birth Anniversary is observed as National Youth Day:
c. Swami Vevekananda
d. Raja Mohan Roy
2) US WILL HOST INTERNATIONAL ANTI-TERROR SUMMIT ON 18TH FEB, 2015
Ø It was announced by US that it will be hosting an international summit in Washington.
Ø It is scheduled to be held on 18th Feb, 2015
Ø Its aim is to prevent evident extremism that was seen in attack on Charlie Hebdo Parris Office
1. Who will be hosting an international Anti-Terror Summit:
3) M.Y.S. PRASAD SELECTED FOR THE VIKRAM SARABHAI MEMORIAL AWARD 2015
Ø Director of SatishDhawan Space CentreSriharikota Range, MYS Prasad was selected for the Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award, 2015
Ø This award is presented by Indian Science Congress Association
Ø Vikram Sarabhai is known as father of space science in India and he was the first chairman of ISRO
1. Who will be conferred with Vikram Sarabhai Award 2015:
b. MYS Prasad
d. Bibek Debra
4) BANGLADESH GETS FIRST HINDU CHIEF JUSTICE
Ø Justice Surender Kumar Sinha was appointed as Chief Justice of Bangladesh apex court by President Abdul Hamid
Ø He will be the first Hindu to hold the highest judicial post in the Muslim Majority Country
Ø He will be succeeding chief justice Md. MuzammadHussain
1. Who will be the first non-Muslim CJI of Bangladesh Apex Court
b. Anil Sinha
c. Dineshwar Kumar
5) U.N CHIEF BAN-KI-MOON INAUGRATES 10 MW SOLAR POWER PROJECT IN GUJARAT
Ø Ban-Ki-Moon inaugurates Gujarat’s 2nd canal-top 10 MW solar power project
Ø It is located on 5.5 km stretch of Vadodara branch of SardarSarowar project Canal
Ø This project is branched of PM NarendraModi
1. Who inaugurated 2nd Canal-top 10 MW solar power project in Gujarat
b. Jim Yong Kim
d. Roberto Azedve
6) POURNIMA GUPTE IS FIRST WOMEN ACTUARY OF IRDA
Ø PournimaGupte is the first Women member to be appointed as actuary in Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India
Ø An Actuary is a business professionals who deals with the financial impact of risk and uncertainty
1. Who among the following has been appointed as first women actuary if IRDA:
d. Poonam Gupta
7) IDUKKI DISTRICT OF KERALA BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DISTRICT WITH RURAL BROADBAND NETWORK.
Ø Idukki district of Kerala has become first district in India to have high speed Rural Broadband network under National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN).
Ø NOFN is the largest rural connectivity project of its kind in the world.
Ø Minister for communication and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated this network.
1. Which among the following district is declared as the first district in the country to linked with NOFN:
8) 72ND GOLDEN AWARD
Ø 72nd edition of Golden Awards was held at Beverly hill California
Ø Best Motion Picture Film- Boyhood
Ø Best Actor – Eddie Radnayne for ‘The theory of everything’
Ø Best actress – Julianne Moore for ‘Still Alice’
1. Where was 72nd edition of Golden Awards organized
a. San Francisco
c. New york
9) NRIs CAN VOTE THROUGH PROXY OR E-BALLOT
Ø Union Government announced that NRI will be allowed to vote through the e-ballot system or through proxy
Ø SC gives center of weeks to implement election commission’s proposal on e-ballot
Ø NRI will have to send application to returning officer in advance
1. Who among the following is allowed to vote through proxy or e-ballot
d. Citizen of India
10) SWISS TENNIS PLAYER FEDERER RECORDS 1000TH WIN
Ø Roger Federer made his 1000th win after winning Brisbane international Tennis Title
Ø He is ranked world no. 2 by the Association of Tennis Professionals(ATP)
Ø He holds record of winning 17 Grand Slam single titles
Ø In 2008 , he has won the Olympic gold medal in doubles with StanislasWawrinka
Ø He has also won Olympic silver medal in singles at 2012 Olympic games
1. Who among the following tennis player records 1000th win recently
b. Roger Federer
c. Novak Djokovic
d. Andy Murray
11) ARUN JAITLEY ADOPTS 4-GUJARAT VILLAGES AS A PART OF SAGY
Ø Union Finance Minister ArunJaitley has adopted 4 villages in Vadodara district as part of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
Ø 4 – Villages- Karnali, Pipaliya, Valida, Baglipura.
Ø SAGY- It aims to encourage MPs from both houses to develop model villages.
Ø Under this scheme, MP will be responsible to develop one adarsh village by 2016 , two more by 2019 and five more by 2024
1. Who among the following Union Minister adopted 4 villages of Gujarat as a part of SAGY
a. Rajnath Singh
c. Suresh Prabhu
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. ISRO LAUNCHES PSLV-C36 CARRYING REMOTE SE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
Here we are going to share IBPS PO Mains booster. This is very important file for all the candidates who are preparing for Bank Exams. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 6 DEC 1. International Volunteer Day – 5 December i. The International Volunteer Day was observed across the w...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...