DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-11, 12 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) WORLD HINDI DAY ON 10 JANUARY
Ø 10th January is being observed as World Hindi Day
Ø Objective – To promote use of Hindi language abroad
Ø On this day in 1975, the first world Hindi conference was organized in Nagpur.
1. World Hindi Day is being observed on:
a. 9th January
b. 10th January
c. 11th January
d. 12th January
2) S.KHULLAR IS APPOINTED AS CEO OF NITI AAYOD
Ø Sindhushra Khullar is appointed as Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog
Ø She will serve for one year
Ø Government of India has replaced Planning Commission with a new institution named National Institution for Transforming India.
Ø This institution will serve as think tank and policy formulation body.
1. Who among the following is appointed as CEO of NITI Aayog:
b. Bibev Debroy
d. Usha Khullar
3) FIRST CHINA- CELAC FORUM MEETING CONCLUDED IN BEIJING
Ø The first ministerial meeting of China and the community of Latin American and Caribbean states (CELAC) concluded in China.
Ø The objective of this meeting is to deep political mutual trust, expanding co-operation and development between China and Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
Ø Next meeting will be held in Chile in 2018.
Ø CELAC – is a regional bloc of Latin America and Caribbean Countries
Ø It was establish in 2011 in Caracas, Venezuela
Ø Total Membership – 33 countries
1. With Which of the following organization China concluded its Ist meeting
4) P.M MODI INAUGURATES 7TH VIBRANT GUJARAT SUMMIT
Ø P.M Narendra Modi inaugurated 7th Vibrant Gujarat Summit in Gandhinagar
Ø Vibrant Gujarat – It is business event
Ø It was started by P.M Narendra Modi in 2003 as biennial event
Ø Objective – Its objective is to provide single business leaders, investors, corporations and opinion makers.
Ø For the first time , eight countries Canada, Japan, China, Australia, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa and US have participated
1. Where is 7th Vibrant Gujarat summit being held
5) UNION GOVERNMENT UNBLOCK 32 WEBSITES
Ø Government of India has unblocked 32 websites which were blocked earlier in Nov, 2014, for carrying ant-India views and spreading banned terrorists outfit ISIs propaganda
1. How many websites are unblocked recently by Union Government
6) DRDO SUCESSFULLY TESTS ADVANCE ELECTRONIC SUITE IN TEJAS-PVI AIRCRAFT
Ø DRDO has successfully tested an advanced electronic warfare suite in light Combat Aircraft Tejas-PVI
Ø EW Suite consists of Radar Warner and Jammer
Ø It has capability to provide warning to the aircraft pilot in case of detection of a radar threat
1. Who has developed Electronic Warfare Suite:
7) FIRST BUDDHA HERITAGE WALK IN BIHAR
Ø People from 11 countries have participated in first Buddha Heritage Walk in Bihar
Ø It is organized by Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation
Ø They walk from Bodh Gaya to Rajgir (the trail which lord Buddha had taken 2543 years ago to reach Rajgir)
1. Where is Buddha Heritage walk started:
2. How many countries participated in 1st Buddha Heritage Walk