DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-21 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) EU LIFT BAN ON IMPORT OF MANGOES FRM INDIA
Ø European Union has decided to lift seven month long ban on the import of mangoes from India.
Ø The ban was lifted after an audit carried out by the European Commisisons food and veterinary office in india.
Ø It showed that producer of mangoes have made improvement in the phytosoanitary export cettification system of mangoes
1. E.U has decided to lift ban On which of the following Indian fruit:
2) E-STAMPING PROJECT LAUNCHED BY PUNJAB GOVERNMENT
Ø Punjab government has launched e-stamping project to computerise revenue department of the state to remove malpractices and to end leakage of government revenue.
Ø Initially, it has been launched as pilot project in five districts of state (Mohali, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Bathinda)
Ø All district will be covered by 31 march, 2015
1. Which state government has launched e-stamping project recently
3) INDIA RANKED 78TH IN GLOBAL TALENT COMPETITIVENESS INDEX- 2014
Ø India ranked 78th globally in Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) 2014 list of 93 countries
Ø GTCI Index is compiled by INSEAD business school in partneship with Adecco and Human Capital leadership Institute of Singapore.
Ø It measures nation’s competitiveness based on the quality of talent it can produce , attract and retain.
Ø Switzerland top the list, followed by Singapore (2), Luzembourg (3), US (4) and canda at 5th rank
1. Where does India stands Globally on GTCI Index 2014:
4) UNION MINISTRY FOR WATER RESOURCES DECLARES 2015-16 AS JAL KRANTI VARSH
Ø Union Ministry for Water Resources decided to celebrate 2015-16 as year of Jal Kranti Varsh
Ø It aimed to spread the message of water conservation
Ø It was announced by Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenction, Uma Bharti
1. Union Ministry of Water Resources declars 2015-16 as year of :
a. Jal Kranti
b. Women Empoerment
c. Soil Conservation
d. Climate Change
5) TOYOTA TOPS IN GLOBAL VEHICLE SALE
Ø Japanes automaker Toyota Motor Corp has topped in Global Vehicle sale in 2014 follwed by Vollswagen and General Motor
Ø It sells 10.23 million Vehicles in 2014
1. Which of the following Company topped the sale of vehicle in 2014
6) TWITTER BUYS INDIAN START-UP ZIPDIAL
Ø Social networking site Twitter has bought Indian Mobile marketing start-up ZipDial
Ø It has become first Indian Technology product startup to be bought by Twitter
Ø It is expected to cost around $ 34-35 million
Ø ZipDial is Bangluru based startup, founded by Valerie Wagoner in 2011
1. Which of the following India mobile marketing startup is bought by Twitter
c. Tata Docomo