DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 JULY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RAM SEVAK SHARMA IS APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF TRAI:
i. Ram Sevak Sharma is appointed as Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
2. CSL AND HCL FORMED JOINT VENTURE TO PROVIDE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES SOLUTIONS TO BANKS:
i. Computer Science corporation and Hindustan Computer limited inked an agreement to form a joint venture company to provide technology services and solution to Banking Industry.
ii. This agreement will advance digital Banking in india
3. FORMER INDIAN PRESIDENT APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSED AWAY:
i. Former Indian President Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam Passed Away. He was collapsed during a lecture in the Indian Institute of Management , Shillong.
4. TERROR ATTACK IN PUNJAB’S DINANAGAR TOWN IN DISTRICT OF GURDASPUR:
i. Militants have killed seven persons, 3 civilians and four policeman including Superintendent of Police ‘Baljit Singh’.
ii. All militants were killed, they attacked a passenger bus and stormed a police station in Dinanagar.
5. UNION GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED 1000 CRORE RUPEES FOR INDO-BANGLA RAIL LINK:
i. Union Government Sanctioned 1000 crore rupees for the laying of 15.06 km long track to connect Indian Railways with Bangladesh to north east India.
ii. The Project will completed by 2017.