Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 MAY 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. GOVERNMENT APPROVES RS 5500 CR INVESTMENT TO IMPROVE INFRASTRUCTURE IN SIX STATES
i. The Centre has approved an investment of 5500 crore rupees for basic urban infrastructure in six states under Atal Mission.
ii. The States are Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Odisha, Jharkhand and Meghalaya.
iii. The investment will be made for providing household water taps, improving water supply, sewerage network and urban transport.
2. 1ST BULLET TRAIN TO RUN IN INDIA BY 2023 ANNOUNCED BY RAILWAY MINSTER
i. According to the Union Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu, the first bullet train will run in India by 2023.
ii. The train will connect Mumbai and Ahmedabad and is expected to cover 508 km in about two hours.
iii. The train will run at a maximum speed of 350 kmph.
3. FITCH FORECASTED INDIA’S GROWTH TO RISE TO 8 PERCENT IN FY 2019
i. According to the US based global rating agency, Fitch, India's economic growth rate will accelerate to 8% by fiscal year ending March 2019.
ii. Fitch also forecasted India's GDP to grow 7.5% in fiscal year ending March 2016 and improve to 7.7% in the current fiscal year and further to 7.9% in the fiscal year ending March 2018.
iii. According to the report India remains the fastest growing country across the world with GDP in 2016.
4. MAMATA BANERJEE TAKES OATH FOR SECOND SUCCESSIVE TERM AS WEST BENGAL CM
i. Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee has taken oath as the CM of West Bengal for the second consecutive five-year term.
ii. TMC won 211 seats out of the total 294.
iii. TMC became the first single party to win the seats without alliance in West Bengal's history.
iv. In 2011, Banerjee had become the first ever female CM of the state.
Governor of West Bengal:Keshri Nath Tripathi.
5. CENTRE APPROVES RS 4241 CR NIMZ IN ODISHA
i. The Centre has approved establishment of a National Investment and Manufacturing Zone in Odisha.
ii. The Union ministry of commerce and industry has approved the Rs 4,241 crore project.
iii. The project will create job opportunities for around 1.5 lakh people and will help Odisha grow as a manufacturing hub and help Paradip port's growth.
6. BRAHMOS SUPERSONIC CRUISE MISSILE TEST-FIRED
i. The Indian Air Force has successfully test-fired an advanced version of BrahMos land-attack supersonic cruise missile system.
ii. BrahMos is the first supersonic cruise missile.
iii. It is a joint venture between India and Russia. Both
7. HDFC AMONG WORLD'S TOP 10 CONSUMER FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY
i. The mortgage lender HDFC ltd has been ranked among the world's top ten biggest and most powerful companies in the consumer financial services sector on a Forbes list.
ii. The list is topped by global major American Express while HDFC ranked 7th.
iii. HDFC is the only Indian company in top ten under this category.
8. SONIA WON SILVER AFTER LOSING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
i. Indian boxer Sonia Lather grabbed a silver medal at the AIBA Women's World Championships in 57 kg category.
ii. She got defeated from Alessia mesiano at Astana, Kazakhstan.
9. PARA ATHLETE SAROHA GRABBED GOLD IN RECORD BREAKING PERFORMANCE
i. Indian para athlete Amit Kumar Saroha from Haryana won the gold medal in men's club throw at the 2016 French Open Athletics Championship in Paris.
ii. He broke his asian Asian record which he set in last year's World Championships in Doha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE COUNTRY WHICH IS GOING TO HELP INDAI FOR BULLET TRAINS?
2. HOW MUCH GROWTH RATE HAS BEEN FORECASTED BY FITCH FOR INDIA?
3. NAME THE PLACE WHERE UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVED TO SET UP NATIONAL INVESTMENT AND MANUFACTURING ZONE IN INDIA?
4. WHAT IS THE RANGE OF BRAHMOS SUPERSONIC CRUISE MISSILE?
5. WHO HAS BEEN RANKED TOP AMONG THE WORLD'S TOP TEN BIGGEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMPANIES IN THE CONSUMER FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR ON A LIST RELEASED BY FORBES?
b. American express
c. Swiss bank
d. China Construction Bank
1. B 2.B 3.A 4.B 5.B
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN