DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM MODI FLAGS OFF 'RUN FOR RIO'
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off the Run for Rio event in New Delhi today to celebrate the Olympic mood in the country.
ii. The mass run was announced by the Sports Minister Vijay Goel at a press conference.
iii. India is going to participate in rio Olympics this month.
2. PM MODI WISHES RIO-BOUND ATHLETES IN 'MANN KI BAAT'
i. PM Modi in his famous Mann ki Baat programe talked about various subjects such as health, environment, technology, Olympics games .
ii. He also appealed the country to encourage the Indian contingent for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
iii. He also announced Government hospitals and other facilities will provide free medical care to needy pregnant women in the country.
3. GOLD BOND SCHEME SEES RECORD RS. 919CR IN 4TH TRANCHE
i. The government's collections under the Sovereign Gold Bond scheme realised through the fourth tranche reached around Rs. 919 crore, the highest achieved yet.
ii. The bonds were issued at price fixed at Rs. 3,119 per gram, the amount was mobilised through over 1.95 lakh applications representing around 2.95 tonnes of gold.
iii. The SGB scheme was launched as an alternative to keeping physical gold.
4. CENTRE GOVERNMENT TO ORGANISE ‘MAKE IN INDIA’ CONFERENCE IN BHUBANESWAR
i. Centre government has decided to organise a Make in India conference in Bhubaneswar in December this year.
ii. The conference would be organised by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to attract investment in the state as well as the country.
5. BIHAR LIFTS BAN ON TODDY SALE, CONSUMPTION
i. Bihar government has lifted the ban on the sale and consumption of toddy (palm wine) in the state.
ii. In April after Bihar imposed a total liquor ban in the state it also banned the sale of ‘toddy’.
6. KERALA TOURISM BAGS SIX NATIONAL TOURISM AWARDS
i. Kerala Tourism has bagged six National Tourism awards for 2014-15 in the marketing category for states.
ii. Kerala Tourism received three out of the six awards for states in the Tourism Promotion and Publishing category.
iii. Last wek it also won Pata award for promoting tourism.
7. AAAI CONFERS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD ON ADMAN SRINIVASAN SWAMY
i. The Advertising Agencies Association of India announced the recipient of this year’s AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award as Srinivasan K Swamy popularly known as Sundar Swamy.
ii. This Award is the highest honour to be given to an individual in India for his/her outstanding contribution to the Advertising Industry.
iii. This award was started in 1988 by AAAI and so far 23 persons have been bestowed with it earlier.
8. SKYDIVER LUKE AIKINS SETS RECORD FOR HIGHEST JUMP WITHOUT PARACHUTE
i. Skydiver Luke Aikins, became the first person to jump from a height of 25,000 feet without a parachute, landing in a net in southern California.
ii. He has completed the jump in Simi Valley of Los Angeles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE FORMER HEALTH SECRETARY BP SHARMA IS BEING REPLACED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFICIALS?
a. MN Mishra
b. CK Mishra
c. SH Mishra
d. KN Mishra
2. WHAT IS THE AIM OF “MISSION HARITA ANDHRA PRADESH”?
a. To increase the green cover in the state to 50% by the year 2029.
b. To increase the agricultural growth in the state to 50% by the year 2029.
c. To increase the green cover in the state to 80% by the year 2039.
d. Both B & D
3. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES, THE UNION RAILWAY MINISTER LAID FOUNDATION STONE FOR THE NEW RAILWAY STATION?
4. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF THAILAND?
c. Thai Baht
5. THE HEADQUARTERS OF INTERNATIONAL WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION ARE LOCATED?
a. Geneva, Switzerland
b. Budapest, Hungary
c. Rome , Italy
d. Paris, France
1. B 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. B