Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 31 JULY 2016
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 31 JULY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CK MISHRA APPOINTED NEW HEALTH SECRETARY
i. CK Mishra, has been appointed as the new Health Secretary.
ii. He will replace BP Sharma who has been appointed secretary to Department of Personnel and Training.
Union Health Minister:J.P NADDA
2. RAILWAY BOARD CHAIRMAN AK MITAL GETS 2-YEAR EXTENSION
i. The current Chairman of the Railway Board AK Mital has been given an extension to continue for 2 more years.
ii. He was supposed to superannuate on July 31 but now government has extended his tenure by 2 years.
3. CM CHANDRABABU NAIDU LAUNCHES 'MISSION HARITA ANDHRA PRADESH'
i. CM Chandrababu Naidu has launched 'Mission Harita Andhra Pradesh'.
ii. The aim of the theme is 'green cover for a happy living', by planting saplings at Sunkollu village under Nuzividu mandal in Krishna district.
iii. The objective of the mission is to increase the green cover in the state to 50 % by the year 2029.
4. CENTRE GOVERNMENT SANCTIONS FUND OF RS. 620 CRORE TO UP AS DROUGHT ASSISTANCE
i. Centre has sanctioned Rs. 620 crore to Uttar Pradesh as assistance for the recent drought situation in the state.
ii. It also approved almost 80 crores for Rajasthan which was affected by hailstorm and 15 crores to Manipur affected by earthquake.
5. JOINT INDO-THAILAND MILITARY EXERCISE ‘MAITREE’ CULMINATES
i. The Indo-Thailand Military Exercise "Maitree" has been concluded at Krabi, Thailand.
ii. The aim of the joint exercise was to train contingents of both the armies on conduct of counter-terrorist operations in an urban environment.
iii. The exercise included combined training, familiarization with weapons & equipment used by both the countries.
6. IWF BANS RUSSIAN TEAM FROM RIO OLYMPICS
i. International Weightlifting Federation has formally suspended an 8-member Russian team from next month's Rio Olympics due to doping offences.
ii. IWF Executive Board had decided to suspend for a year national federations that produced three or more doping violations from the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games .
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “MAJOR DHAYAN CHAND” NATIONAL STADIUM IS IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA?
b. New Delhi
2. NAME THE PRESENT UNION SPORTS MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. Sandhu Goel
b. Meneka Gandhi
c. Vikay Goel
d. Suresh Goel
3. WHAT IS THE REVISED RATE OF INTEREST OF SOVEREIGN GOLD BOND SCHEME IN 4TH TRANCHE?
4. “BHUBNESHWAR” IS THE CAPITAL OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA?
a. Tamil Nadu
b. Andhra Pradesh
5. NAME THE GOVERNOR OF BIHAR?
a. Devanand Konwar
b. DY Patil
c. Ran Nath Kovind
d. None of the above
6. A FAMOUS SKYDIVER “LUKE AIKINS” WHO RECENTLY SET A RECORD FOR THE HIGHEST JUMP WITHOUT PARACHUTE IS NATIONAL OF WHICH COUNTRY?
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. C 6. B
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 6 DEC 1. International Volunteer Day – 5 December i. The International Volunteer Day was observed across the w...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. ISRO LAUNCHES PSLV-C36 CARRYING REMOTE SE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...