DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 21,22 AUGUST
1. The Court of Arbitration for Sport recently banned wrestler Narsingh Yadav for four years following an appeal by World Anti-Doping Agency. Identify the country in which the Court of Arbitration for Sport is located.
a) Lausanne, Switzerland
b) Paris, France
c) Zurich, Switzerland
d) Hague, The Netherlands
2. Which state government will confer Indian wrestler Sakshi Malik with Rani Laxmi Bai Award for winning a medal in Rio Olympics?
a) Uttar Pradesh
3. The Union Ministry of Power launched the e-bidding portal DEEP for
a) Medium term purchase of power
b) Long term purchase of power
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of the above
4. Which country won the gold medal in women's football event at the Rio Olympics?
b) Great Britain
5. P V Sindhu recently secured a silver medal for India at the Rio Olympics. She is associated with which of the following sports?
6. India ranks at which spot in the 9th edition Global Innovation Index that released recently?
7. The Union Ministry of Mines launched a web portal for star rating of major mineral mines. The system was developed with the help of which of the following companies?
d) National Institute of Smart Governance
8. Badminton player P V Sindhu recently won historic silver medal in women’s singles badminton event at Rio Olympics. Who won gold in the event?
a) Wang Yihan
b) Sain Nehwal
c) Carolina Marin
d) Dolores Marco
9. Which Indian cricketer was recently made an honorary member of the esteemed Marylebone Cricket Club?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) M S Dhoni
d) Virender Sehwag
10. Which educational institute adopted five villages under the Namami Gange Programme to deploy its expertise to limit the flow of sewage into River Ganga?
d) None of the above
11. A two-day meeting of BRICS Women Parliamentarian's Forum will be held in which city?
12. The United States of America recently advised its citizen to not to travel in certain areas of which country?
13. Which country topped the 9th edition Global Innovation Index (GII) 2016 that was released recently?
a) The United States of America
14. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma will be conferred upon with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement. He is associated with which of the following musical instruments?
15. India’s first comprehensive Crime Criminal Tracking Network System was recently launched by which state government?