DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 05 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MAHARASHTRA GOVERNOR SWORN IN AS TAMIL NADU'S ACTING GOVERNOR
i. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao Governor of Maharashtra,has sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu.
ii. Rao was administered the oath of office by the Madras High Court's Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul at the Raj Bhavan, Chennai.
2. CHINA RATIFIES PARIS GLOBAL CLIMATE AGREEMENT
i. China has ratified the Paris global climate agreement.
ii. China and the US are expected to announce ratification jointly before or at the weekend's G20 Hangzhou Summit.
iii. China is the world's largest emitter of harmful carbon emissions causing climate change.
3. G-20 SUMMIT 2016 START IN CHINESE CITY OF HANGZHOU
i. Two-day G-20 Summit of the world's major economies will start in the Chinese city of Hangzhou.
ii. The main aim of the summit is to discuss efforts to reform global economic governance.
iii. The theme of the summit is toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy.
4. PM ANNOUNCES RS 200 CR FOR SPORTS IN J&K
i. PM Narendra modi has announced a fund of RS 200 cr to engage youth of Jammu & Kashmir in constructive sporting activities.
ii. The package provides for construction of indoor sporting halls in all districts of the State with a view to provide playing facilities to youth during long winter in the state.
5. ZAHEER KHAN GETS MCC'S HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP
i. Zaheer Khan, former India pacer has been inducted as an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club .
ii. He is the third Indian player to receive the distinction this year after Virender Sehwag and Anjum Chopra.
6. WORLD'S FIRST MADE-IN-INDIA LEPROSY VACCINE OUT ON PILOT BASIS
i. The Indian Institute of Immunology in New Delhi has developed mycobacterium indicus pranii an exclusive and completely domestic vaccine for leprosy.
ii. Leprosy affects around 1.25 lakhs people in India annually.
iii. Leprosy is also known as Hansen's disease.
iv. It is a long term infection caused without infection symptoms.
7. JACKIE CHAN TO RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT OSCAR
i. Martial arts expert and actor Jackie Chan will receive a lifetime achievement Oscar.
ii. The announcement was made by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
iii. He made his movie debut at the age of 8.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE ACTING GOVERNOR OF TAMIL NADU IS GOVERNOR OF WHICH STATE?
c. Andhra Pradesh
2. G-20 SUMMIT 2016 WILL HELD IN WHICH COUNTRY?
d. Sri Lanka
3. WHO WILL RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT OSCAR AWARD ?
a. Jackie Chan
c. Amitabh Bachaan
d. Dilip Kumar
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS RATIFIED PARIS GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE AGREEMENT?
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. D