Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 06 SEP 2016
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 06 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MOTHER TERESA DECLARED SAINT BY POPE FRANCIS IN VATICAN CITY
i. Mother Teresahas been declared as a saint by Pope Francis in Vatican City.
ii. It is declared on her 19th death anniversary.
iii. Now she will be declared as Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
2. GUMTHALA GARHU BECOMES FIRST WIFI HOTSPOT VILLAGE IN HARYANA
i. Gumthala Garhu in Kurukshetra district has became the first Wifi hotspot village in Haryana .
ii. It has been declared under bulk plan of BSNL.
iii. BSNL has created history by taking initiative of providing Wifi service in the villages, which earlier were available in cities only.
3. SERENA WILLIAMS SETS WOMEN'S RECORD OF 307 VICTORIES IN GRAND SLAMS
i. World number one Serena Williams has created history by setting a record of most number of Grand Slam matches wins by a woman in the Open era.
ii. In the US Open she defeated Johanna Larsson of Sweden.
iii. She become the most successful woman in the Open Era.
4. 5 SEPTEMBER DECLARED AS NATIONAL TEACHERS DAY
i. Every year on 5th September is being observed as National Teachers Day in India.
ii. The day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan since 1962.
5. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES USE OF CHILLI-BASED PAVA SHELLS AS ALTERNATIVE TO PELLET GUNS
i. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the use of Pelargonic Acid Vanillyl Amide shells as an alternative to pellet guns for crowd controlling in Jammu and Kashmir.
ii. PAVA sheels also called Nonivamide are chilli-filled grenades.
iii. They are less lethal compared to pellet guns and immobilises the target temporarily rather than causing physical injury.
iv. It causes severe irritation and paralyses for a short duration It is considered to be bio-safe and less lethal than pellet guns but equally effective.
6. KIRAN MAZUMDAR SHAW APPOINTED KNIGHT OF THE NATIONAL ORDER OF THE FRENCH LEGION OF HONOUR
i. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited appointed Chevalier de l'Ordre National de la Légion d'Honneur .
ii. The award is known as Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour.
iii. She has been honoured for her contribution to biosciences and research.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. GUMTHALA GARHU VILLAGE IS IN WHICH STATE?
d. Himachal Pradesh
2. WHO HAS SET THE RECORD OF 307 VICTORIES IN GRAND SLAMS AMONG WOMEN TENNIS PLAYERS?
a. Martinga Hingis
b. Sania Mirza
c. Serena Williams
d. Marina Sharapova
3. DR. SARVEPALLI WAS THE ___________.
a. 1st Vice President Of India
b. 2nd President of India
c. 2nd Prime Minister of India
d. Both A & B
4. CHILLI BASED- PAVA SHELL IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING?
a. Zillet Gun
c. Tear Gas
d. Pellet Gun
5. NAME THE COMPANY WHICH HAS PROVIDED WIFI SERVICE IN THE VILLAGE GUMTHALA GARHU OF HARYANA?
d. Tata Docomo
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. D 5. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN