Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10th OCT 2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION POWER MINISTER ASSURES ELECTRICITY FOR ALL BY MAY 2017
i.Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal assured that India would have 100 per cent electrification for all by May 1, 2017.
ii. He also launched the Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile app, developed by the state-run Power Finance Corporation, to enhance consumer connect with the urban power distribution sector.
2. WORLD POST DAY OBSERVED ON 9TH OCTOBER
i. World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October all over the world.
ii.The theme for this year 2016 is Innovation, Integration and Inclusion.
3. SPRINTER SRABANI NANDA WINS EKALABYA AWARD
i.Sprinter Srabani Nanda has bagged the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year 2016 in recognition of her sporting excellence.
ii. Srabani won gold in 200m, silver in 100m and 4x100m relay in 12th South Asian Games held in Guwahati in February.
iii. She had also won bronze in 100m and 4x100m relay in Asian Grand Prix Athletics in Thailand in June 2015.
4. PV SINDHU NOW BRAND AMBASSADOR OF VIZAG STEEL
i. Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd the corporate entity of Vizag Steel, has roped in top ranked Indian Badminton Player PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador.
ii. She is in the currently amongst the top 10 ranked players in the world and is the first Indian female athlete to win the Olympic silver medal at the Rio Olympics.
iii.She is also the first athlete to win back-to-back medals at the World Badminton Championships.
5. UNION GOVERNMENT EXTENDS ANTI-DUMPING DUTY ON CERTAIN CHINESE PRODUCTS
i. The Union Government has extended anti-dumping duty on import of certain Chinese products, used in garment, toys and footwear manufacturing, for another five years
ii. The extension will protect domestic industry from the harm caused by dumping of the cheap Chinese products.
iii. Anti-Dumping Duty is a trade levy imposed by any government on imported products which have prices less than their fair normal values in their domestic market.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHEN WORLD POST DAY IS OBSERVED?
a. 9th October
b. 8th October
c. 12th October
d. 11th October
2. ‘PV SINDHU’ IS RECENTLY APPOINTED AS THE BRAND AMBASSADOR OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATION?
a. Tata Steel
b. Vizag Steel
c. Make in India
d. None of these
3. WHO BAGS THE TITLE OF 24TH EKALABYA AWARD FOR THE YEAR 2016?
a. PV Sindhu
b. Saniya Mirza
c. Srabani Nanda
d. Mary Kom
4. “URBAN JYOTI ABHIYAAN MOBILE APP” IS LAUNCHED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS?
a. Union Finance Ministry
b. Union Power Ministry
c. Union Coal Ministry
d. Union Railway Ministry
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN