Daily GK Updates & Daily News in India with free current affairs. You will get free Current affairs on Daily Basis and GK questions which will help you in Banking and SSC Exams. Daily News in India. Check this Current affair page on daily basis for the improvement of General awareness section. Free GK Quiz on Daily Basis.








Follow by Email For Daily Alerts

Sunday, February 2, 2020

DAILY GK 29 JAN 2020


DAILY GK 29 JAN 2020
1.     ‘Kolkata metro’ to be opened by March 2022 
ü Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC) is set to complete its East-West Project, which runs partly under the Hooghly river, West Bengal, by March 2022. It will be India’s first underwater metro. The new metro rail is expected to carry about 900,000 people daily & will take less than a minute to cross a 520-meter underwater tunnel.
ü 74% of the East-West metro project is owned by India’s Railway & remaining 26% by the nation’s Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.

2.    President Bolsonaro’s 4-day Visit to India
ü The president Brazil, Jair Messias Bolsonaro paid a 4-day official visit to India.
ü The bilateral trade and work target of $15 billion between India and Brazil was set to be achieved by 2022.

3.    Global risk of Noval Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
ü The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the global risk of Noval Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that cause serious illnesses ranging from the common cold to Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).

4.    International Children’s Film Festival
ü 13th edition of International Children’s Film Festival was inaugurated in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The theme of International Children’s Film Festival 2020 is ‘Under The World’.

5.    GOI has decided to sell 100 per cent stake of Air India
ü Hardeep Singh Puri has expressed the Indian Government’s decision to sell its 100 per cent stake of Air India (AI).It includes its 100 per cent stake in low-cost airline Air India Express and 50 per cent shareholding in joint venture AISATS Airport Services Private Limited.

6.    Best tableaux awards
ü Defence Minister Rajnath Singh distributed the awards for best tableaux which was conducted on January 26, 2020 in Republic Day event. There were a total of 22 tableaux including 16 from various states and union territories and remaining 6 from various ministries and departments.
ü Best Tableaux Award -Assam’s tableaux displayed with the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’, had showcased the Xattriya tradition in the form of Bhortal Nritya was chosen as the best tableaux.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) won best tableaux for Ministry for showcasing the cutting-edge technology and instruments used by the force to carry out daring rescue operations in flood-hit and disaster hit areas.
ü Jal Shakti Mission won best tableaux among departments for government’s new initiative, ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’, which aims at providing functional tap connection to every rural household by 2024.

7.    Autobiography by Yashwant Sinha
ü Former president of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee released the autobiography of former Finance Minister Shri Yashwant Sinha titled “Relentless” at the India International Centre in New Delhi.

8.    SIPRI report
ü As per the report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has suggested that China is the world’s second largest producer of munitions  behind the United States and ahead of Russia. The data which covered the period from 2015 to 2017.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY GK

DAILY GK
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS