Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs gk GK Updates DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 03 JAN. 2015
Saturday, January 3, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-03 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) INDIAN ORIGIN APPOINTED TOP ADVISOR TO SINGAPORE PRESIDENT
Ø Veteran Indian Origin civil Servant J. Y. Pillay is re-appointed as the Chairman of Presidential Council of Advisor (CPA) by Singapore President Tony Tan Keng Yam.
Ø Term – 4 years
Ø He will exercise the functions of President’s office in the absence of President.
1. Who among the following Indian-origin is appointed as top advisor to Singapore President:
a. J.S. Pillai
c. Nikhil Sharma
d. Richard Verma
2) U.S. ENVOY ARRIVED INDIA
Ø The first Indian-American US ambassador to India, Richard Rahul Verma arrived here today.
Ø He promised to work in advancing the strategic bilateral partnership between New Delhi and Washington.
Ø S.Jaishanker is Indian Ambassador to U.S
1. Who among the following has been appointed as first Indian-American U.S. Ambassador to India:
a. Tony Joy
b. Nandan Row
c. Richard Rahul Verma
d. John Roueff
3) DR. VARANT RANCHOD GOWARIKAR PASSED AWAY
Ø Former ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Chief Passed Away.
Ø Dr. Gowarikar along with Vikram Sarabhai (Father of ISRO) started working on Satellite technology in the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
1. Who was Dr. Vasant Ranchod Gowariker:
4) WORLD’S FIRST CLONED BUFFALO DELIVERS SECOND CALF
Ø World’s first cloned buffalo ‘Garima’ delivered its second calf at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Karnal.
Ø The calf named ‘Krishna’ is the eighth calf cloned by NDRI.
1. Where is National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)
b. New Delhi
2. What is the name of the world’s first cloned buffalo:
5) R.K. SRIVASTVA, NEW CHAIRMAN OF AAI
Ø IAS officer R.K.Srivastva took over as the new chairman of Airport Authority of India.
Ø He succeeds Sudheer Raja.
Ø AAI is Statutory body under the Ministry of civil Aviation. It is responsible for upgrading, managing and maintaining Civil aviation infrastructure in India.
Ø Union Minister of civil Aviation –Ashok Gajapathi Raju.
1. Who among the following took over as the new chief of Airport Authority of India:
b. Arun Jaitly
c. Parbhakar Sinha
d. Sudheer Kumar
6) KIRAN VADODARIA ELECTED INS PRESIDENT
Ø Kiran Vadodaria of Sambhaav Matro was elected as president of Indian Newspaper society for 2014-15.
Ø INS is founded in 1939
Ø Headquarter of INS is at New Delhi
Ø INS is an independent body authenticating circulation figures of newspaper and periodical in India.
Ø It promotes freedom of Press in India.
Ø It acts as central organization of the Press of India.
1. Who has been appointed as new chairman of Indian Newspaper Society:
b. Kiran Vadodaria
c. Pawan Agarwal
d. Rishi Dorole
7) ‘PK’ BECOMES HIGHEST GROWING BOLLYWOOD FILM
Ø Aamir Khan starer PK has broken the Dhoom 3 record to become the biggest earner in Bollywood by collecting Rs. 278.52 crore.
Ø Director – Raj Kumar Hirani
Ø Producer – Raj Kumar Hirnani , Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Sidharth Roy Kapur
Ø Writer – Raj Kumar Hirani and Abhijit Joshi
1. Who is the director of the highest growing Bollywood film ‘PK’:
a. Raj Kumar Hirani
b. Abhijeet Joshi
c. Sidharth Roy
d. Aamir Khan
8) IOB’S NEW MD AND CEO TAKE CHARGE
Ø R. Koteeswaran has taken charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Overseas Bank.
Ø IOB is major nationalisd bank based in Chennai
Ø IOB is founded in 1937
1. R. Koteeswaran is new MD and CEO of :
a. Axis Bank
c. Indian Overseas Bank
9) A.K. MITTAL, NEW CHAIRMAN OF RAILWAY BOARD
Ø Union government has appointed A.K. Mittal as chairman of Indian Railway Board.
Ø He will succeed Arunendra Kumar
Ø Union Railway Minister – Suesh Prabhu
Ø Indian Railway Board is the apex body of the Indian Railway. It functions under the control of Parliament of India through Ministry for Railways
1. Who is the appointed as new Chairman of Indian Railway Board
a. Arunendra Kumar
b. Suresh Prabhu
d. Surendra Nath
10) UNION GOVERNMENT EXTENDED THE ARMED FORCES ACT, 1958 FOR ANOTHER 1 YEAR IN ASSAM
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PM LAUNCHES #SANDESH2SOLDIERS CAMPAIGN i...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN